Saturday, July 21, 2007

The wait … is over!

It didn’t work... it didn’t … how could have my noble mobile betrayed me or did it not? Was it my sheer tired fingers after 13 hours of work at office which silenced the alarm at 4:30 in the morning? Either way, I woke up late, it was already 5:05 AM and I panicked as I saw every minute ticking. I brushed quickly, picked up my wallet and the most important receipt of the pre-ordered copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, rushed out of the house wondering how long the queue would have already become, if they had already started giving out the book!

Thanks to the stark empty roads, I made my way to City Center in about 20 min and stumbled my way to the already long queue of people eagerly waiting the launch of the book. The ambiance was filled with Potter talks as two guys in robes handed out Potter trivia, scrambled words and spell quizzes to all. Few screams now and then excited everyone that Landmark had started giving out the books but in vain. It was almost an hour’s wait before the escalator started ascending to the Landmark Book Store. Reporters from news channels captured the exciting moments and interviewed the fervent fans on the stereotype stuff.

Groups of ten were allowed inside to pick up their copies when a guy screamed on top of his voice, ‘I have got the first copy!’ … unfortunately to his astonishment nobody bothered to respond as everyone were eagerly waiting for their turn. Soon it was my time, it was like picking up treasure, a priced possession, there was this tingling feeling to open the book and start reading but my serenity overcame the rage and I made my quickly back home.

Well… so now for the book. I am not gonna give comments on what’s nice and what’s not... it’s exciting; it’s clinching, very emotional … and yes the last of the series. It does pain to think that there is no new part coming up… but this this little boy wonder is always etched in the hearts as …. The Boy who lived!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home