Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cornography...

Corn, as it is popularly know is simply a’maize’ing. With not much of an etymological complication, it simply means Grain. It might occur to some as to why is this crazy guy is writing about Corn. I would say “It’s wonderful to eat” and I would want to dedicate a few words to this special delicacy.

With about 800 kernels in an ear (that’s what one piece of corn is known as) rich in protein and carbohydrates, it’s surely is a tummy filler. Corn is superb in any form it is made and it sure is consumed in numerous ways.

I have been a corn-lover all my life. The roasted corn anointed with salt and chilly powder with a tinge of lemon has been my all time favorite. Pop-corn with or without butter is a must at cinema and exhibitions. The all popular American sweet corn is simply godly. With a variety of addendums, from lemon to spices it stands as one of the yummy yet healthy snacks. Corn soup, creamy or clear, sweet or salty, is a tantalizing starter to a heavy meal. Corn fry with onions is another pleasurable choice. Boiled corn, corn pie, corn pizza, corn chat, corn ice-cream, corn chocolate… I can go talking piggishly about it all day. To top it all, the Corn and Peas Subway is simply “divine.”





With China producing almost 20% of the World’s corn, I have been ardent enough to eat some form of Corn almost everyday. And I am pretty sure that if I do continue this forever, I would never be bored of it. Somehow there has been ridiculing & spoofing around with the way corn is being eaten but then it has never bothered me … as long as no one touches my corn. As Harriet Martineau quotes "The greatest drawback is the way in which it is necessary to eat it.....It looks awkward enough: but what is to be done? Surrendering such a delightful food from considerations of grace is not to be thought of." And she can’t be more right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home