Friday, December 15, 2006

ASITHUM

Sometimes when you think back on situations which were never meant to be the way they really turned out, you wouldn’t believe how many of them you actually come across.

I would more appropriately call it a Acidentally SITuational HUMor… it just happens, excites and vanishes. I have experienced so many of them in the past one year but I seldom remember any, thanks to my overgrown cranial tissues which seems to be toiling for something totally incomprehensible.

Let alone the “heavy-word” talk, and I think back, I can share some of those situations…

I work in the IT industry and there’s something called the “Issue-Log” which is updated with the issue status worked upon by the offshore team and the same is updated by the onsite team during their working hours. It was a typical situation when the clients had to do some testing for the code we had developed. They had to produce some test cases and check if everything is alright. We opened the issue log to check if they had done it. The update was “Sorry. Norbert can’t reproduce! Will take some more time.” We didn’t work for the rest of the day!

It was a heated discussion about some business process between the clients and our team onsite. The meeting was long and everyone was tired, as always there was no conclusion. The chair person of the meeting was trying to get things done and deciding on the deadlines. In all the commotion, she uttered “Come on, At least se (i) x!” There was awe and silence!

We had done some important work and the user was very happy. He very casually told us that he would take us out for lunch sometime when we were free. We told him we would prefer pizza just to play around, nothing was serious. The next day, it was about 10:30 in the morning, he storms into the room with a huge vegan pizza with vegetables and colorful peppers and cheese and mayonnaise and all. We were addled for a moment of having to eat a huge pizza just after breakfast and just before lunch, but who cares …. Mouth-watering, hogging, burping!

There was this one time when my friend and I had to go to Trivandrum, Kerela to attend a friend’s wedding. We got out of the railway station and were looking for an auto, all that we knew was that our friend had booked us a place to stay and we had a worn piece of paper with the address. There was this taxi person who identified us as strangers and came forward to help us. He greeted us with a smile and asked us to show the address, we did and he took us to his taxi. He was very friendly and cheerful but the moment we stepped into his taxi, he started Saar, this blace is simblly daaangerous. Yesterday the bolice came and arrested some ladies. Be gareful!” All along, he was saying things like this and made us chickens!

Another one of Kerela’s incidents… It was early in the morning at around 6:00 and I was taking a morning walk. There was this fly-over which I was walking on, when I noticed a skinny guy pushing a cart load of filled water cans uphill. I decided to help him out, he gladly agreed and we pushed it to the top. The downhill part was easy, I told him goodbye and carried on…but he insisted me to sit on the cart and we could rocket down (yes…rocket’s do come down). I didn’t want to disappoint him and by the fact that I am born lazy, I agreed and sat in his cart. Seconds after I sat, we realized that the brake lever had failed! I still am not sure how we stopped, but we did, and I was still in one piece!

Life is amazing…just like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home